Abbie

30 Responses to “Abbie”

1. abbiewwriter says:

After the trip:
    Dear Diary,
    I am back from the Moon with Tim Peaks, who ate nearly all the food. It was a barren landscape that was in front of me. The day that we had to come back I didn’t want to. I had to wear a pressured air suit that had pipes in so that I didn’t overheat or freeze to death. The pipes reacted to the climate. I went up and came down in a lunar module when we landed it landed with a poof onto the ground. We stepped off back onto land it wasn’t fair because we wanted to walk on the grained, rocky lunar soil. It was the trip of a lifetime!

2. abbiewwriter says:

Before the trip:
    Dear Diary,
    The moment my Dad gave me the letter to say that I was going to be the first child to go up to the Moon I was astounded. I won the competition for making a poster about the Moon I can’t even remember entering because it was so long ago. We went to the space station and I had to try the food and the drink. I also met the person who was going up to the Moon with me I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw ‘Tim Peaks’. The water was rehydrated with a yellow substance they didn’t tell me what it was because they thought that I would go running if they told me. The food looked like how it normally would but it didn’t look like how it normally would. It didn’t taste like anything at first when I put it in my mouth, but when I started chewing it, it tasted like cardboard. I will never forget this day before the trip of a lifetime.

3. elliegwriter says:

Very nice Pandora story Abbie I love it

4. abbiewwriter says:

The Carry On From My Pandora Story.

Tigers, which were red and blue, stole the stone to the portal to see what was making it glow. They tried to crack it open, so they could see what was making it shine the pretty colour it did. Tom and Jez followed them, and saw that they were asleep. They had a chance to retrieve the stone, that could let them go home. They crept into the den. The tigers rolled over, and Tom thought the tigers were waking up, so he ran. Jez shouted, “STOP!” Tom stood there, and turned to see why he shouted. Because Jez shouted so loud, the tigers awoke. They grabbed the stone, and they ran for their lives.

They stopped near a stick of wood and a sharp stone. They remembered that the hologram of Pandora showed this foul beast, and the only way to kill it was by sticking a wooden stake through its heart. And just by luck they found themselves surrounded by sharp stones and wooden sticks. Jez sharpened a wooden stick, and when the beast came near he lunged forward and pierced the skin, that lead to the heart.

They made the portal appear, and they sprang through the it to their homes. They told their parents about everything that happened, but they didn’t believe them. They told them to go through the portal that was in Tom’s room. They didn’t even believe there was a portal, so Tom took them to his room and showed them. The parents questioned,” What is that?”
    Tom and Jez answered,” The portal.”

5. abbiewwriter says:

Playful Pandas!
    The giant panda is an endangered species. 2007 report shows 239 pandas living in captivity inside China and another 27 outside the country. As of December 2014, 49 giant pandas live in captivity outside China, living in 18 zoos in 13 different countries. Wild population estimates vary; one estimate shows that there are about 1,590 individuals living in the wild]while a 2006 study via estimated that this figure could be as high as 2,000 to 3,000.Some reports also show that the number of giant pandas in the wild is on the rise. In March 2015,stated the wild giant panda population increased by 268, or 16.8%, totalling to 1,864 individuals. However, the does not believe there is enough certainty yet to reclassify the species from endangered to vulnerable.

Delicious Diet!
    Despite its taxonomic as a carnivorous, the giant panda’s diet is primarily herbivorous consisting almost exclusively of bamboo. However, the giant panda still has the digestive system of a carnivore, as well as carnivore-specific genes,and thus derives little energy and little protein from consumption of bamboo. Its ability to digest is ascribed to the microbes in its gut.[Pandas are born with sterile intestines, and require bacteria obtained from their mother’s fees to digest vegetation. The giant panda is a “highly specialized” animal with “unique adaptations”, and has lived in bamboo forests for millions of years. The average giant panda eats as much as 9 to 14 kg (20 to 30lb) of bamboo shoots a day to compensate for its low level of energy digestibility. Ingestion of such a large quantity of material is possible due to the rapid passage of large amounts of indigestible plant material through the short, straight digestive trace. It is also noted, however, that such rapid passage of digests limits the potential of microbial digestion in the gastrointestinal tract limiting alternative forms of digestion. Given this large diet, the giant panda defecates up to 40 times a day. The limited energy input imposed on it by its diet has affected the panda’s behaviour. The giant panda tends to limit its social interactions and avoids steeply sloping terrain to limit its energy expenditures.

Behaviour!
    The giant panda is a terrestrial animal and primarily spends its life roaming and feeding in the bamboo forests of the Qinling Mountains and in the hilly Szechuan Province. Giant pandas are generally solitary, and each adult has a defined territory, and a female is not tolerant of other females in her range. Social encounters occur primarily during the brief breeding season in which pandas in proximity to one another will gather. After mating, the male leaves the female alone to raise the cub. Pandas were thought to fall into the crepuscular category, those who are active twice a day, at dawn and dusk, however, Jindong Zhang found that pandas may belong to a category all their own. Pandas communicate through vocalization and scent marking such as clawing trees or spraying urine. They are able to climb and take shelter in hollow trees or rock crevices, but do not establish permanent dens. For this reason, pandas do not hibernate, which is similar to other subtropical mammals, and will instead move to elevations with warmer temperatures. Pandas rely primarily on spacial memory rather than visual memory. Though the panda is often assumed to be docile, it has been known to attack humans, presumably out of irritation rather than aggression.
    In Zoos!
    Pandas have been kept in zoos as early as the Western Han Dynasty in China, where the writer Sima Xiangiu noted that the panda was the most treasured animal in the emperor’s garden of exotic animals in the capital Chang’an (present Xi’an). Not until the 1950s were pandas again recorded to have been exhibited in China’s zoos.
    Chi Chi at the London Zoo became very popular. This influenced the World Wildlife Fund to use a panda as its symbol.
    A 2006 New York Times article outlined the economics of keeping pandas, which costs five times more than that of the next most expensive animal, an elephant. American zoos generally pay the Chinese government $1million a year in fees, as part of a typical ten-year contract. San Diego’s contract with China was to expire in 2008, but got a five-year extension at about half of the previous yearly cost. The last contract, with the in Memphis, Tennessee, ended in 2013.

By Abbie Wedge!

6. abbiewwriter says:

Seawick

I arrived at Seawick on the 26th of October, as the sea mist rolled in across the marshes and fields, giving the area a ghostly look, making my imagination see things in the mist. This is a spooky start to my half-term holiday, that is leading up to Halloween. The night sky was pitch black, and not one star could be seen, then I caught a glimpse of moonlight. It struggled to shine through the abnormal night sky. We arrived at Seawick manor an old Tudor mansion. With the smog swirling in circles around me, as I walked towards the front door with trepidation. I sam a huge handle, and at the top attached to it was a magnificent bell, that when I pulled the handle it gave a deep-based church bell sound. All of a sudden I heard the door being unlocked with a jangling sound, as the key turned in the antiquated lock.
    TO BE CONTINUED…

7. abbiewwriter says:

It’s A Mystery!

Ali stood silently, looking at the door. With a slow creaking sound, it opened. Taking a deep breath, Ali walked inside. As he slowly turned his head, he saw a rocking chair rocking, but nothing was near it. He could hear death cries in the darkness. The cries stopped, the lights flickered on, but nothing was there. He slowly stepped forward, and a crunch sound came out from under his feet it was shattered glass. He turned his head, and in the corner he could see a little girl sitting in blood. He touched her shoulder, and she turned her head she spoke two words they were, “Help me,” she then disappeared into the murky air. Ali wondered if the girl was actually there, or if it was just his imagination. He walked into the bedroom, and lied in the bed. He closed his eyes. A scatter of rats feet could be heard, coming from under the bed. He looked under the bed, and nothing was there. He thought to himself, am I hallucinating, or is this real? He ran to the door to try and get out, but the door was locked. He could hear a little girl screaming in the back of the cabin, so he ran to see what was wrong. When he got there he knew what was screaming, but nothing was there only a lock of girls hair covered in blood. There was a picture on the wall above the lock of girls hair. The picture was Elvis Presley it had darts and blood smears all over. He spoke to himself, “What is going on?” He heard the front door creak open he didn’t move, because he didn’t know what was going to be there. Footsteps crawled closer, and shadows ran around the walls. Someone walked up behind Ali, and put their hand on Ali’s shoulder…

8. abbiewwriter says:

Dear Mrs. S. Ely,
    I am writing to you about you wanting to give us homework every night. You shouldn’t, because we work almost all the hours and minutes that we are at school. Also, we go home and do the homework we get given when we get it from school each night.

The homework we already get -on Mondays and Fridays- is quite hard even though we learn about it a couple of days before we get it. Mr. Spelman might get a bit tired of teaching us lots day-after-day-after-day just for our homework, we won’t get anything else in except homework learning we won’t do the national curriculum unless we do it for homework.

We will be working for hours on end if we get homework every night it will expand our minds on learning, which is what you want us to do, even though we do that at school. You shouldn’t because we do work at school and at home when we get homework.

I hope to hear a prompt reply, because this letter took a lot of thinking and hard work. The money you will spend on paper and ink will be ridiculous prices.

Yours Faithfully,
    Abbie Wedge

9. abbiewwriter says:

Marvellous M&M’s
    Do you want to have a film night with the family or friends and eat chocolate with them? Then go to all good retailers and buy the bigger and better box of M&M’s. The box comes with mini bags of M&M’s inside. All the different sort of M&M’s are inside: the crispy ones are crunchy biscuit inside a hard shell, the peanut ones are peanut inside a different-coloured shells and the chocolate ones are chocolate inside a sugar-coated shell. The different flavours will bring together the whole family together.
    It makes a perfect Christmas and birthday present.

• abbiewwriter says:

The crispy M&M’s are delicious. As you gently bite into the crispy, crunchy surface, you hit the soft creamy chocolate that melts in your mouth. The biscuit is a crumbling, mouthwatering texture that will leave you wanting more.

The peanut M&M’s are filled with love and joy of the workers. The groundnut and its nutty hard shell will leave you crunching and chewing the shell, chocolate and the peanut.

The chocolate M&M’s are filled with a party.When you and the chocolate meet it will be love.The chocolate will leave a party in your mouth. At that moment, that starts it will leave you wanting more.

It will make a perfect Christmas and birthday present!

10. abbiewwriter says:

One Long Winters Day!
    The branches looked like magic wands, waving at the passers-by. Making them smile, seeing that winter has come. Beautiful colours of effects of the snow on the trees.

The lake flows frantically, while turning to ice. People start to skate over the iced lake that no longer flows. It was a glistering ice rink, for everyone to enjoy, on the cold winters day.

The old rickety bridge hung over the stunning lake, letting people admire the lake as they walked over it. The dark, brown bridge was an old bridge that could break any moment someone stepped foot on it.

11. abbiewwriter says:

The Long Swim: Michael Phelps
    I await my name to be called out of the blaring speakers, I encourage myself with warming thoughts like: ‘Dream and believe’, ‘Keep calm’, I’ve Trained as hard as i can’, ‘That’s all that counts’, ‘I’ll give it all I’ve got’.

Then… “Michael Phelps of America!” I inhale and walk out of the changing room into the crowd screaming and shouting mine and other competitors names.

Tensly,yet calmly I and other contestents stride over to the side of the poo. I snap a glance at my coach who mouths good luck to me. The aroma of claurine fill the air whilst sweat down my goose bumped arms. “Go Michael!”, roars part of the crowd.

Everyone can sense the feelings of joy and antisipation hitting me. I jump in. I take a deep breathe of the still, chemical air. I get ready to swim, my heart pounds hard against my ribcage, as wild horses stampede through my chest.

“Come on Michael,” a farmiliar voice shouts from the crowd as i push off, it’s my mum that gives me more confidence and hope. I start pushing hard and i get in the lead, but can i stay there long and when i turn and push off i am still in the lead i get back and stop… I won!

Filled with strength. I emerge out of the water and the stadium rings with applause. Pride fills both mine and my coaches heart.

“Dream and believe youngsters!” I shout.

12. abbiewwriter says:

As I walk through the murky, old door I see my Granddad playing the piano all by himself I’m starting to feel sad but I see him smiling. He is playing by himself because Nana passed away 2 days ago and he has got to play the piano at the funeral in 5 days. (5 days later). I don’t want to be here because I will cry when the coffin gets carried in. I miss Nana so bad. (15 minutes later). The coffin is coming in my: dad, uncle, 2 brothers, cousin and friend’s dad are carrying it down the aisle. The vicar is opening it and everyone is starting to cry even the vicar. (30 minutes later). We are at home Granddad is saying he can feel her lips touching his cheek while he plays piano.

13. abbiewwriter says:

When you Crayfish you use a cage that you drop in the water and you go and leave it there and you come back and see if you have caught any.

14. abbiewwriter says:

The next time I went I caught about 91. I done the exact same agàin. When I gò crab fishing I always think what am I doing. I always forget what I’m döing. I nevêr knew that you could Crayfish.

15. abbiewwriter says:

Ninja- adventurous adjectives.
    I went crab fishing with my dad to Brightlingsea. The first time I went I had to get my crab line set up this meant i had to space the two bait bags apart and fill them with raw bacon then pull the draw strings tight ready to cast out into the harbour area which i did and wait for 10 to 15 minutes ,i then slowly pulled my line in to see if i had crabs hanging on the bait bags trying to eat the raw bacon .My first go i pulled up 4 crabs of diffrent sizes ,i had to be very careful as i held them as they were very quick with their pincers to nipcaught about 70.

16. rosiewriter says:

Very good Abbie, but remember to use apostrophes!

17. abbiewwriter says:

The sight of the murky door made me and Hayley shiver with a load of apprehension. I fearfully pushed the door open in fear. Hayley exclaimed,”What are you doing Issabella!”
    “Opening this murkey door.” I said. Slowly we both stepped in. We could hear a miniscule glass thing clanging glass together as the wind blew it. There was a sight -for sore eyes- of a famous dead person(Micheal Jackson) on the cracked wall with horrible red wine splats. We made a small step, we froze in fear. There was a weird sound , it was a odd rumbling sound. Hayley asked “What was that?”

“I dont know,”I said slowly.I could see a rotten,old bookshelf full of books.The rumbling kept getting louder and louder. Thenthere was creaking coming down the ancient stairs. “We meet again old friend,”said a strange, odd, trembling voice.

• jamiewriter says:

🙂 good description
      ! you’ve used fear twice and fearfully is like fear could of you used a different word than fear(panic, horror, terror)

• abbywriter says:

love the bit where you put(The sight of the murky)Also liked the exelent words( apprehension)well done!:)love it lodes.!

• rubyrwriter says:

I love the last sentence and espiecally the first lines of the first paragraph!!
        But i think you should include some more exiteing verbs and try use some adverbials like:Frantically we ran away from the creaking odd noise or We closed our eyes as if there was a massive monster in front of use (the noise caused it ) supriseingly!!
        I really do love the detail you put in to this like the blood stains but was Michel Jackon stuck on the wall or something because if it was can you explain it better next time please!!
        It also needed a bit more of speech but other wise of that really good !!
        It also needed

• williamwriter says:

thers beter words than fear(horror,fright,)
      🙂 very good discription(odd rumbling sound.)